Discuss Ground mount/flat roof array with adjustable feet / height? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

blurplespark

Can anybody help......I am trying to design a solar install. on a single height ground mount frame.A flat roof array system has been suggested to me which we will mount on concrete.Our problem being the site of install has quite a large run on it and could end up a lot of work to get the concrete perfectly level and to help with levelling up I was wondering if anyone knows of a frame or bracket with height adjustable feet?I have found adjustable angles,however I was hoping for something that would help levelling the other way? (along the length of the array)-or has anybody had any experience with this and used any type of spacers etc?

How big a system? / How many panels?
What is the crossfall / m run?
How many rows of panels on the run?
Landscape or Portrait?
What is the area like surrounding the site - what would the visual impact be?
I can think of half a dozen solutions...

One system is a 10Kw in Portrait orientation ,has to be single panel height.
The proposed array is two rows of 20 panels which will probably have to be staggered in groups of 5 or so.
There is about a 10-12 feet drop from one end of the array to the other .

-

Last edited by a moderator:
20 panels ~ 20 meters, so 5 panels gives a drop of about 900mm
You could simply build a nice terraced system, you need also to bring the lower rows forward slightly because of shadow from the 'higher' terrace.
Or some smart, brick built (concrete filled) piers and create a virtual terrace.
You could also use longer / extended uprights and platypus anchors to give you the required stability - you just need a longer / stiffer pole that goes far enough into the ground.
Have a word with Wind & Sun or Spitfire about what they can offer.
Seeing as some systems can cope with the overturning of a triple row array with just five vertical pole supports for an array of 30 panels (10 x 3) Schletter, or 3 vertical supports for a double portrait row of 8 x 2 (Schueco) this should be an easy solutrion for them. If you can wait, Spitfire might even offer their own brand Britsol products as a custom solution. Just make sure it doesn't end up like this :)
http://api.ning.com/files/3y149Of9C...H/AEtrackerdamage006.JPG?width=640&height=480

Yip,I like the stepped terrace idea.
They are definately to be concrete mounted,as it's in an area of grass in an extremely windy location-we frequently get gusts of upto 100MPH and the install. is open to the coastline,so not much shelter.
I would be worried any of the multi panel height frames would indeed end up like the picture!!!
I will try your suggested manufacturers-thanks for that.

Thanks for the mention Worcester - just pointing out (to anyone who might be in doubt) that the failed mounting system picture is not one of ours!! blurplespark if you want to get in touch to discuss options we will be happy to help.

Reply to Ground mount/flat roof array with adjustable feet / height? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net