Discuss Grouping factors in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DuncanS

Hello Sparks, I'm quite new to all of this having quite recently gotten my certificates in the post. Today I started down the road of having my NAPIT inspection and I've come up with a concern whilst designing the circuits for installation... I'm installing a 10.2kw oven and a 9.5kw shower... After accounting for diversity on the oven I have settled on 6mm T&E 27 meters with a 32a breaker and 10mm T&E for the the shower with a 45a breaker for 15meters... Both clipped direct to wooden joists and plasterboard. I have accounted for an ambient temperature of 50*c as both circuits will be in the loft for a decent portion of the cable run... All checks out fine in terms of volt drop... My two questions are 1) how far apart do I need to clip the cables from each other in order to avoid any derating factor? 2) neither cable runs along side any other cables but I have no choice but to cross other circuits on three occasions, they will cross the path of a ring final circuit twice and a lighting circuit once, do I need to account for this in my calculations?
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help :)

Grouping factors need not apply if the cables are spaced greater than twice the cable diameter apart, if cables cross each other at 90º then there should be no problem with this.

Thanks guys, that's what I thought, just couldn't find the exact words in my osg, and the 17th edition has been giving my funny looks from on the shelf, so I daren't open it!

Reply to Grouping factors in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have had my kitchen rewired and plastered. I have had a 6mm t+e on a dedicated 32a circuit for a 60cm electric cooker. In hindsight, had i known...
Replies
Views
Essentially I have a "normal" socket in a ring mains, i.e. one 2.5mm T&E going in and one 2.5mm T&E going out. I am looking to simply add two more...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just been scratching my head about this one and wonder if I've missed anything. A few weeks ago I installed a new circuit for a 3kw oven and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am changing the electric shower in a bathroom refurbishment (my own) and just wanted to ask about the mcb rating. The existing shower was...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I wonder if I can get some opinion on my deliberations on an old TPN installation with numerous 1P sub-boards wired up with 16mm T&E...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock