Discuss GU10 blubs burning CCTV lens in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bazza22

DIY
Reaction score
Hi

I have 3 lights on my driveway but I can’t use them. The reason being is that I have CCTV pointing at my driveway and the light shining up as damaged the lens and caused image burn. This only shows when it switches tolow light setting in the night time.

The blubs installed are GU10s (220v 3W 280LM 4000k) LwEco brand. Is there a better GU10 available to stop this happening again?

Thanks
Barry

Attachments

• ABD90C17-B14C-43CA-9D76-9635F8AD49C5.jpeg
    34.1 KB · Views: 20
Unlikely the lens has been damaged. If that were so it would affect the images all the time.
Can you post up some of these images?

Unlikely the lens has been damaged. If that were so it would affect the images all the time.
Can you post up some of these images?

I think the CCD sensors can get image-burn, but nowhere near as bad as tube cameras/screens used to get. Plasma/LCD TVs can also. Must admit I've never seen it on a modern camera though.

To be honest if it's that bad then I would imagine it's not doing much for the image quality of the system generally - probably washing out a bit.

Agreed, the constant bright light in a fixed position in the camera's field of view has burnt in on the image sensor. One possible cure, if you can't block them from view, is to use linear polaroid filters in the lights and in front of the camera lens, aligned so that they are as near crossed as possible. This will reduce the sensitivity of the camera and the brightness of the lights, but will make the camera relatively 'blind' to the direct light compared to other parts of the image. Or, if it has taken some time to occur, move the camera slightly every month so that no one area of sensor gets burnt enough to notice.

Despite the warning not to contribute to this thread unless i have something helpful to say, I cannot resist mentioning that no-one has started the bulbs vs lamps argument. Clearly this is because the OP has called them "blubs", and I commend to you all the use of this term in the future!

Reply to GU10 blubs burning CCTV lens in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net