• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss GU10 LED's in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainstorm

EF Member
Evening all,

Has anyone been fitting "Lamp & Gear" 4W LED's?

I've fitted quite a few, mainly in shop lighting to existing fittings, and have had a few failures, some within weeks. Some have been in downlighters and some in spotlight fittings (not enclosed).

Just wondering if I've been unlucky!

Jel

Regular EF Member
I have had major problems with GU10 LEDs. You need to measure the supply voltage, as if its under 220v then the lamps do start to fail.

M

mackers

hi
changed about 50 last month in a bar took 12v lamps and tranis out and replaced with 4&5 w gu10 leds
had about 5 go 2 of them taking out dimmers fingers crossed haven;t hurd anything since.
also had one go at home took it out of fitting and the lamp was still flashing in my hand for a few minutes!
all bought from cef

B

brooky25

Ive used a lot of kosnic 5 watt Led's. Only ones that have gone down are the dimmable ones. Normal ones have been fine

rainstorm

EF Member
I have had major problems with GU10 LEDs. You need to measure the supply voltage, as if its under 220v then the lamps do start to fail.
I'm going to site tomorrow where 4 have failed within 2 months so I'll test the supply voltage.

Thanks for replies folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.