Discuss Gu10 rubber ring Gu10 rubber ring in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi,
I am trying to get hold of some of the above (picture below), but I am struggling to find a supplier/retailer. Any ideas?
Thanks

Gu10 rubber ring Gu10 rubber ring {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

do you mean the suckers? sometimes they come with the fittings.

Wolfcraft WFC-5499000 GU10 Lamp Removal Tool - https://www.screwflix..com/p/wolfcraft-wfc-5499000-gu10-lamp-removal-tool/6084k

No picture has come through in your post but, like Tel has said, this may be what you are after.

I wonder if he means the ring that jcc used to have in that goes on the bulb think it was to maintain accoustic barrier... If that is the case... I wouldnt worry about it
I don't think we'll ever find out. I feel like I've been used for my knowledge and then dumped. I'm not sure if I'll ever get over it and I may need counselling :(

Thanks for your responses. It's not the removal tool.
I think it's for moisture seal. Hopefully the pic comes through now.

Gu10 rubber ring Gu10 rubber ring IMG_2439.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Are they halogen or LED?
You're gonna struggle to find the exact flat gasket but you should be able to find a standard 50mm o-ring at maplin, farnell or RS maybe. I'd suggest silicon or viton would be better if it's available, especially if it's a halogen lamp.

This goes with @SparkyChick post on the ‘dodgy pics’ thread. I replaced IP65 downlights updating them and realised that these gaskets would be impossible to find so I’ve stored about 5 for ‘that rainy day’ - call me Steptoe and I’ll set my horse on you!
‘Any old iron. Any old iron’

Reply to Gu10 rubber ring Gu10 rubber ring in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock