Discuss guarantee on work in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

tbs1983

What sort of guarantee should I offer on domestic work?

I was thinking along the lines of 10 years on all fixed wiring and '1st fix' work, and 'as per manufacturers guarantee' on fixtures and fittings.

Does this sound about right and should I state it on my invoices?

What sort of guarantee should I offer on domestic work?

I was thinking along the lines of 10 years on all fixed wiring and '1st fix' work, and 'as per manufacturers guarantee' on fixtures and fittings.

Does this sound about right and should I state it on my invoices?

Are we obliged to offer any guarantee?

I don't know - I'm just asking.

no idea, i assume under fair trading etc that the work we carry out should last a certain period of time, but how long I don't know.

I'm sure someone on here will have had an incident where a job has 'broken down' after a year, 2 years, 5 years, and had customer comebacks.
Would be interested to know where you draw the line.

Murdoch said it best, 12 months unless......

Installed a couple of LED PIR's in November, one of them has broken down 3 times now! PIR fault btw, not going to buy that brand again. Customer cant believe that I have gone out 3 times to change it free of charge. Retired hard working couple, easy target for a chancer cowboy (which they have had before via a builder). They felt embarrassed to call me again!!! It's what the customer/client has paid for at the end of the day, I choose the fitting and it broke, just change it and give the customer the end result what they paid for. Most electrical faults will appear within 12 months and faults dont pop up that often if you do it right in the first place.

12 months unless the parts installed are covered by a longer warranty!

as most stuff is made in china on the cheap nowadays, it often doesn't make it the full 12 months anyway

even with good quality gear, it seems im always replacing faulty parts, this is why a good 20% mark up is essential on materials these days!

I will however not charge if the problem is down to my installation(if that ever does happen ;))

Reply to guarantee on work in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock