Discuss Guarantees On Workmanship in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

Just a quick one, does anyone ever put anything in writing or even say to a customer if they guarantee the installation they have put in, for example, rewired a house.

Do you ever say the cables are guaranteed for say 10 years by you parts and labor under normal conditions, excluding damage or rodents etc etc..

And do you guarantee the fixings at all?

Its not something I have ever mentioned other than 12 months, but wondered what everyone else does and if you do, do you have any example of paperwork you would put with it?

What you can do is give a 12 months warrenty, but you can also say that the sockets have a 5 year warrenty (because most manufactures give that promise) and say if one breaks or goes faulty after a year I will replace the part free of charge but will have to charge for labour.

I always say 12 months parts and labour anyway as have to, but what about the actual cabling buried in the walls etc? Do you give anything extra on that? I was wondered if it would make me look more favourable if I said 10 years or something? Would rather not if I didn't have to, but wondered what others did.

- - - Updated - - -

Guarantee last until I'm out the door.

Anything you install should last 12 months unless your stock is from screwfix.

Screwfix so, its all branded stuff, just stay away from LAP.

My warranty terms are six years on all workmanship, parts as per manufacturers terms. Generally speaking, after a year or so most people have forgotten your terms anyway!!

Reply to Guarantees On Workmanship in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Just wondering what the general situation is with other people on smaller jobs, do you give a quote or estimate to the client before you...
Replies
Views
In a property with two consumer units one for the ring main etc., and the other for the 1970s storage heaters (storage heater CU looks like it’s...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've gotten AI to write up a terms and conditions for my company and then went through it with AI and tweaked it to make it sound a...
Replies
Views
We have had builders in, who have stopped for Xmas. My daughter tried to do a wash. The wash machine wouldnt. Its power socket is dead. I...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock