Discuss Guild of Master Craftsmen in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

Guest123

Hey all.

Recieved a letter through the post Friday from the above, inviting me to join.

Looks really impressive and seems like it holds a bit of weight. Is anyone else a member or have any views on them?? is it worth it? did it get you anymore work? etc.

Any views welcome.:)

I also received the mailshot.....they must be having a bit of a marketing campaign..

.....Not much detail in the blurb though !:(

Regards.................spark1

Just another hand over your money well give you a sticker for your van & tell anybody who calls that you are great at what you do..........................Thats you hand over hundreds of pounds a year.

Loads of one man & small builders now displaying the GMC logos in my area.
And yes I've had the mail shot also..........file'd it in the bin same as every other month when it drops through the door.

Heres another one if you are into joining such things, again a few local sparks are members of this lot.
Welcome to the UK Trades Confederation Website

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to say i probably wouldnt bother either and agree that there yearly memberships are probably down.

these companies are just blood suckers. we did'nt go to college for four years just to let some spotty office boy tax our industry , once again! say no! we've got the skills. thin end of the wedge, part p is enough of a double edged sword. rant over, lol

The guild used to be a membership to be proud of.....Not anymore IMO....now its just as mentioned above...another yearly cost..

A Guild of Master Craftsmen sounds like a bit of bluff to me, after all, surely it's a Guild or trade specific professional body that defines and polices their tradesmen, Master Craftsmen or whatever they choose to call them. That way they can claim some expertise and experience within their Guilds specialty and provide a meaningful accreditation. How does a Jack of All Trades Guild do that?

Lenny I got the same thing about a week or so a go ,and regardless of whether they are any good or not

,thought I need to be earning more money before I set up another direct debit.I seem to get more calls

wanting me to answer surveys/insursance /just a few questions than I do for work. Like the chap above says

more money for basically a sticker and If youv'e already got the

buisness! Where do you stop.

Reply to Guild of Master Craftsmen in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock