Discuss Had a rummage in the loft..... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Squid

as I am trying to declutter the sh!te out of my life and opened up an old tool box of mine, last used in Kent many years ago so no screwdrivers........

Used to lug this from site to site and I think it must be about 30 years old or more, also Pyro tools ;o))))))

Really need to get rid of the stuff I never will use but its hard to throw stuff away.

Had a rummage in the loft..... IMG_2132.JPG - EletriciansForums.net Had a rummage in the loft..... IMG_2133.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Lee, SparkyChick do you know how to use them as there are no instructions ;o))))

The only things I would shift are maybe the strippers as they where a bit cack to be honest as most sparks who works with Pyro would agree.

I have pyro tools free to a good home. I am flying out to Spain tomorrow but if anyone wants to send me a message, when i get back on the 26th i can respond. I may have more then 1 complete set but until i look in the garage i cant promise it
This isn't a dating site you just want to hook up with SparkyChick and you've offered me £200 for the Pyro tools I have the PM's ;o)))))))

mmmmmm proper tools. Lost all my original (and decent) Pyro tools when the ex Wife left and her dad emptied the shed!!

Lee, SparkyChick do you know how to use them as there are no instructions ;o))))

The only things I would shift are maybe the strippers as they where a bit cack to be honest as most sparks who works with Pyro would agree.

Years ago when one of the schools I attended was being rewired I watched the sparks terminating the pyro and it fascinated me. I'm gutted it's not more prevalent these days.

Do I think I could terminate pyro? I think so with a little bit of practice :)

Years ago when one of the schools I attended was being rewired I watched the sparks terminating the pyro and it fascinated me. I'm gutted it's not more prevalent these days.

Do I think I could terminate pyro? I think so with a little bit of practice :)
Stripping is all in the wrist action to do it as quickly as possible, potting you need a feel for it and checking there is no swarf in the pot is fairly easy the crimping there is a knack for it, I think you are a capable person so 30 mins or an hour your be on your way, the things to learn are the quick ways to strip 7ft tails as they can be a bugger on 6 or 7 core Pyro.

I'll be tapping up the guy giving his stuff away for free pronto......

I will even email him eating the steak lunch that I bought from the proceeds.......

Reply to Had a rummage in the loft..... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock