Discuss Had an interesting call last night in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Personally i would feel obliged to take pics and show elecsa/niceic and ask them to use our money to good effect as joe public dont know or give a ---- about part p,the only ones that suffer are the actual electricians!!!by having to pay to er...why cant this country do as others,licensed like the US/OZ.It would be so much easier but then it may put the part p brigade out of work and we wouldnt want that.
Hey man...leave ranting about part P for other threads.
This thread is purely for light hearted entertainment.

lads lads lads...! give the chap a break...!! there may be some very contradicting info in this thread but unless you were physically there we can't judge any one...!

sat behind a keyboard imagining what you thought might have happened is one thing but been on site is another!

PHOTOS would however been taken regardless just for the comedy value that some monkey had burnt his house down....!! we all been there before aint we..! nope.. JUST ME THEN

one point i will make though...

FIRE SERVICE THROUGH FOAM AT EVERY THING ON FIRE IN A HOUSE...! regardless of live or dead...! they do carry Co2 but the hose reel comes out! (during my fire-fighter training i was taught exactly the same thing!) just don't point it at Switchgear or HV stuff..!
Aye but it wern't on fire...just a lot of heat...hang on..... it was...no wait.....it wasn't......well....depends what page you're reading, I think the OP has alzheimers

There's a guy in the fire service who aint going to find it entertaining Dave

I think you've taken this too far Trev...what if the guy does actually lose his job and it turns out the whole thing was made up after all....not your fault I know, you're trying to do the right thing but Im a bit worried

Dave I've not taken this anywhere mate, Keith came round to talk to my son about this season and read over my shoulder while he was talking to me. I'm trying to stop it since it's been explained (kind of) but sadly questions have been asked at a higher level and you know what that's like sometimes

May not be entirely relevant,but a while back I was called to a local school to find the place evacuated and 3 fire applilances attending.(Scary as we do all the electrics there).....I was asked to accompany the fireman into the school as they suspected an electrical 'fire'. There was no smoke,but an appalling stink.....a few seconds with their heat detector was all it needed to find a red hot choke in a flu. So fire fighters will allow an electrician into a potential fire situation in some circumstances....Edit....(possibly in this case because I was the only one present who knew where to isolate the supply)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Had an interesting call last night in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net