Discuss Hager Time delay switch in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

drywax

4402650978_91bbc046bd_o.jpg

Hi Guys Could someone enlighten me as to the function of these puppies

They used to run fused spares with electric heaters attached and also had thermostats attached.

There coming out but I'm trying to get my head around the timings and purpose as I'm still learning and I've never come across them before:)

It looks like you would of had a timer signal wire connected to them and when in auto mode it switched on with the timeclock. They seem to be modular contactor/relays with a permanent on and off option as well as a auto, its presumable you could have anything controlling the auto mode e.g. stat, froststat, timeclock, time lag switches for lighting or pir to name a few, these are just an old version of a modular contactor that are still widely available with many brands of fuseboard, as to what you use them for would be totally up to you as long as they were fused correctly and not over-rated loadwise.

Last edited:

Reply to Hager Time delay switch in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I've a 3 phase storage heater currently wired to the main fuse box in an office I have. The heater has 2 supplies/isolators, 1 for charging at...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just to be clear, I'm not looking for advice on upgrading but rather just clarification of our existing setup. We need to upgrade the...
Replies
Views
I'm using the stock fuel pump wiring to trigger two different relays for my two fuel pumps on my car built for drag racing. The first relay is a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, First post here, hope I'm compliant with the rules! I did do a quick search before asking this, but I couldn't quite come up with the...
Replies
Views
D
Just a quick one! I believe this time delay switch should work for my old panel heater (1.25kwh) because it handles loads up to 16A. Can anyone...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 108834
D

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock