Discuss Halogen downlighters in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

Lou Box

Hi everyone

I'm a total electrical noob (sorry if this thread is for the pros only but the DIY thread is closed) but am in need of some help!

My landlord, in his infinite wisdom, has installed halogen downlighters in every room in the house. I hate halogens. He's not going to change it himself but i was wondering if there was a way to change the halogens so that I can use a pendant light?
I'll probably only want pendants from a couple of the halogen points (there are six in my bedroom D:). I imagine this is totally impossible but if theres any way of making his happen I'd be over the moon. I obviously won't be doing anything myself for fear of exploding the house/myself.

Thanks ever so much

Lou

if you post your location, i'm sure there's a professional on here close to you can look at the job and advise accordingly.

I would suggest you get the landlords permission first, I also assume you had to put a month or two's rent in advance down which gets returned when you leave the premises at the end of your agreement. If this is the case and you get the lights changed he may keep the money to pay someone to put it back the way it was before you had the nerve to alter the existing installation.

I would suggest you get the landlords permission first, I also assume you had to put a month or two's rent in advance down which gets returned when you leave the premises at the end of your agreement. If this is the case and you get the lights changed he may keep the money to pay someone to put it back the way it was before you had the nerve to alter the existing installation.

You do have a way with words MDJ... makes me smile in admiration and fear

Reply to Halogen downlighters in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock