Discuss Hamilton switches in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Delboy247

There so annoying they I seem to wire them upside down all the time anyway, can anyone tell me how to wire hamilton intermediate switch with the switch line there aswell L1 L2? Going back there to this wknd any suggestion would be great.
Thank you in advance

how can you wire an intermediate switch upside down ? switch off one of the 2 ways then it will be the right way up all intermediates have 2 sets of L1 and L2 just connect the 4 strappers to the L1L2 terminals and the join the 2 lives together ,

How have you got a switch line at the intermediate? You should have 4 strappers (2 from one 2way switch and 2 from the other 2way switch) and 2 commons.

Strappers go in L1 & L2 terminals and commons get joined in connector block

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Hamilton switches in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm trying to replace this standard 2 gand 1 way switch with a smart switch. I've put the both live wires into L in and the switched lives into...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've bought a "yagusmart" smart switch from Amazon and it has no earth terminal. Although there are no metal facing parts I would think the...
Replies
Views
Strange on this, we are wiring an extension at the moment and I would like to 3 way the (currently 2 way) landing switch to the new bedroom so...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am looking to install a Quinetic double gang in line receiver switch (QURS2W) in my hallway on the ground floor to control the lights...
Replies
Views
Hi, The shower pull chord switch has snapped at my mom’s home and having unscrewed the switch I discovered a horror show(see pic). So I’ve had...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock