Discuss has any body try to send you information in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

buzzlightyear

please let me back in to the prison cell.
Electrician's Arms
had a email from a client asking me if I could look at some plans .
I normally pick up the plans from customers, he has sent them through drop box ,how strange .he then asks me to give him my number ,now that is very strange, if he has sent me an email then he should know the house number and mob number ,possible a scam ,goes by the name lee.

SparkyChick

Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla
Staff member
Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Solar Guru
Trainee Access
This is a common scam tactic and there are a few threads on the forums about it.

If you downloaded the 'plans' and attempted to view them I would seriously consider installing some software like Malware Bytes and Spybot Search and Destroy (to name two) to scan your machine for malware/root kits.

If you'd like me to check the email out to see if it could be a fake/scam, PM me and I'll send you my email address so you can forward the email to me and I'll check it out for you.

OP
buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear

Electrician's Arms
I'm not going to attempt opening it , I have just put it in dusty bin .
some times some go through to the scam dept .

SparkyChick

Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla
Staff member
Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Solar Guru
Trainee Access
If it's from an existing client, then forward it to me and I'll check it out for you. Could be a legit email. If it's from a potential client you've never done business with, then I'd say the bin is probably the best place for it, but it could be legit.

OP
buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear

Electrician's Arms
I am looking for good price as well as someone to handle the below job description for our new building. Please kindly go the details and let me know if it is something you can handle. I will be glad to book a date and time with you so you can come and take a good look at the property.
I have detailed all information in the document. Do you have a direct number I can also reach on to further discuss the work. I will soon be leaving for a business meeting in China and will be happy to conclude this before my departure. yeah ,write .

Strima

Electrician's Arms
Scam.

sparksburnout

Electrician's Arms
I am looking for good price as well as someone to handle the below job description for our new building. Please kindly go the details and let me know if it is something you can handle. I will be glad to book a date and time with you so you can come and take a good look at the property.
I have detailed all information in the document. Do you have a direct number I can also reach on to further discuss the work. I will soon be leaving for a business meeting in China and will be happy to conclude this before my departure. yeah ,write .
I get loads of these. I have never understood them, some go to great lengths to tell me about the house they have inherited, what they need doing and so on, always originating from the enquiry form on the website. I used to ask them to provide me with a phone number, or to even ring me, but they never do, very odd.

Archy Styrigg

Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Apart from the dodgy English, he was doing alright until he said he was off to China! :D

PEG

Respected Member
Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
I think you will find that "Lee" is the surname,and there are three brothers,that send these out...Probab,Certain,and Hard.
I think you can guess,which brother sent the email...

OP
buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear

Electrician's Arms
What i could make out it was all Chinese to me ,he could have been on the last boat to china .

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.