Discuss Has anybody got info on 2330 L2 unit 205 ? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

LlandrilloSpark

Hi all

Has anybody got info on 2330 L2 unit 205 - Installation?, Its my last exam, Ive managed to get distinctions in the 201,202,203,204,206 so im keen to get another, im not sure of its content, has anyone got any past questions or advice

Thanks

Mike

I am about to do my 205 on saturday! Seems very basic 2 way lighting and a ring final with 4 sockets and 1 spur. All done in singles in steel conduit and plastic conduit and some metal trunking

I am about to do my 205 on saturday! Seems very basic 2 way lighting and a ring final with 4 sockets and 1 spur. All done in singles in steel conduit and plastic conduit and some metal trunking

That's exactly the same as the one I did last year. It has to be completed in under 2 hours for a distinction but you get a full six hours for the install, or at least that's how it was then, don't know if it's changed now.

We only had a small number of bays available so comically all the holes were drilled and plugged by the time I got in there, the steel conduit and plastic conduit were already cut, the trunking was mounted and the roses were already mounted, I very nearly burst out laughing when I walked in.

Never had it so easy.

Just don't do what one lad in my class did and pull in the ring in 1.5. Daft bugger lost ages to that...

:)

That's exactly the same as the one I did last year. It has to be completed in under 2 hours for a distinction but you get a full six hours for the install, or at least that's how it was then, don't know if it's changed now.

We only had a small number of bays available so comically all the holes were drilled and plugged by the time I got in there, the steel conduit and plastic conduit were already cut, the trunking was mounted and the roses were already mounted, I very nearly burst out laughing when I walked in.

Never had it so easy.

Just don't do what one lad in my class did and pull in the ring in 1.5. Daft bugger lost ages to that...

:)

Have you any proof to back that up?

Surely the 205 is an online multiple guess? I managed a distinction in that so you shouldn't have much difficulty given your previous results. I can't remember what sort of questions they were but they weren't difficult, just remember that rawlplug is a brand name so they call them "expanding plastic collets".

The 206 is the practical, which for me consisted of finishing off a partially completed installation (trunking, tray and CU was already fitted) we had to run SWA down the tray to a submain, wire a radial with spur in T&E and a 2 way lighting circuit in plastic conduit, then inspect and (dead) test.

The 204 was the written assignment which went with it - basically a stores and equipment list, wiring diagram and a bit of health & safety.

Correct, thats why i was asking for info on it originally, Your right the 204 & 206 make up the practical and 201,202 and 203 are core unit exams and the 205 is the installation exam, like the 207 is maintenance and the 209 is highways..i think

Sorry to go abit off topic but reading these pages it seems that everybody else's L2 practical exam was set up completely different to mine.

Whereas it appears that others have had one big assessment to complete in a number of hours, I have to complete 4 seperate assessments over this year. I've already completed 3 and I am due to start my final one when college re-opens after the holiday.

Has anybody else had experience of completing it this way?

Sorry to go abit off topic but reading these pages it seems that everybody else's L2 practical exam was set up completely different to mine.

Whereas it appears that others have had one big assessment to complete in a number of hours, I have to complete 4 seperate assessments over this year. I've already completed 3 and I am due to start my final one when college re-opens after the holiday.

Has anybody else had experience of completing it this way?
I had various tasks to complete throughout the first 2 years but they weren't formally examined, only the composite task I described above. It may be that your college just does things differently to mine.

I had various tasks to complete throughout the first 2 years but they weren't formally examined, only the composite task I described above. It may be that your college just does things differently to mine.

I've gone through a workbook of various tasks such as lighting circuits, ring circuits, mini-trunking, conduit, S.W.A etc. etc.

But at the end of each section we have had to do an assessment. But it seems like the broken down assessments I'm doing seems much easier than the one whole installation outined above, we was'nt really pushed to do it in a certain time either. Oh well, as long as the qualification is there at the end of the year.

Reply to Has anybody got info on 2330 L2 unit 205 ? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock