Discuss Has anybody had Ever ready flat plate 13a socket usb outlets … what a pile of rubbish in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

EddieB

-
Arms
Reaction score
I had the unfortunate experience today of trying to fit a customers 13a double sockets, they were hidden screw type with USB outlets incorporated.. I had no choice but to fit them, if you are thinking of doing so please don’t they are a very badly designed unit they fit into a dual back box with a rizzla smoke paper clearance top and bottom. If the back box is slightly off kilter then there’s no way of levelling these babies up, I’m going to get in touch with ever ready and see what they say about it

That's a bargain basement brand though to be honest. A rehash of the once famous brand.

Although I have to agree with “never” ready products… B&M bargains… they look cheap on the shelf…..

I am quite happy to fit USB integrated sockets now. Having only fitted around a dozen or so in no recent years, I have not had a callback.

Eveready are unlikely to view a poorly fitted box as being their problem. If the customer supplied these sockets, then give them the option between having them fitted at a slant, leaving old accessories in place or sourcing a socket on the basis of suitability, rather than price (these seem to be available from B&M at rock bottom prices).

I think Everready and Eveready are two brands with the latter missing an 'r' and cunningly designed like the original to fool people.

I think Everready and Eveready are two brands with the latter missing an 'r' and cunningly designed like the original to fool people.

The well known brand only uses one 'r'. Either they've branched out or the brand owner licenses the name's use.

To be fair, I've found their oven lamps are as good as any available and can be bought very cheaply.

Eveready are unlikely to view a poorly fitted box as being their problem. If the customer supplied these sockets, then give them the option between having them fitted at a slant, leaving old accessories in place or sourcing a socket on the basis of suitability, rather than price (these seem to be available from B&M at rock bottom prices).
Yes I know what your saying, but these products are on the market and are not fit for purpose, regarding your statement about a poorly fitted box what's that mean, are you telling me that every backbone fitted is 100% level, do us a favour, that's why the adjustable lug was incorporated

Yes I know what your saying, but these products are on the market and are not fit for purpose, regarding your statement about a poorly fitted box what's that mean, are you telling me that every backbone fitted is 100% level, do us a favour, that's why the adjustable lug was incorporated

There's seldom any reason other than lazy, slip-shod workmanship for a box not being level, but that's beside the point.

What I stated is that Eveready won't care if their product didn't sit nicely in a box that was out of plumb. If they cared about available space they wouldn't offer this product for sale - standard box sizes aren't a trade secret and the information is readily available.

My mistake one R only

Which is how the well know brand is spelt.

There's seldom any reason other than lazy, slip-shod workmanship for a box not being level, but that's beside the point.

What I stated is that Eveready won't care if their product didn't sit nicely in a box that was out of plumb. If they cared about available space they wouldn't offer this product for sale - standard box sizes aren't a trade secret and the information is readily available.

So the well known brand of USB sockets are best to be avoided then when being fitted in an existing back box in case horror of horrors the back box isn’t 100% level.
The reason for my post was to inform that they pose a potential issue to the installer.

I have never fitted a back bock that has not been 100% level. But I agree, some of the sockets on the market are so tight its stupid and even if you tried to adjust the lug .It wont make a difference .

So the well known brand of USB sockets are best to be avoided then when being fitted in an existing back box in case horror of horrors the back box isn’t 100% level.
The reason for my post was to inform that they pose a potential issue to the installer.
A well known brand known mostly for the sale of batteries and torches. I don't think anyone would claim it to be well known for usb sockets.

Polaroid is a well known brand, but I don't think anyone would claim the brand is well known for producing the television to which the name has been attached in recent years.

I simply pointed out that I don't believe eveready will care much about the situation you describe. If you feel differently, then stick to your guns and take the time to phone the company about this matter.

A well known brand known mostly for the sale of batteries and torches. I don't think anyone would claim it to be well known for usb sockets.

Polaroid is a well known brand, but I don't think anyone would claim the brand is well known for producing the television to which the name has been attached in recent years.

I simply pointed out that I don't believe eveready will care much about the situation you describe. If you feel differently, then stick to your guns and take the time to phone the company about this matter.
Over and out 😀

Eveready - A US battery company.
Ever Ready - A now defunct British spin off from the above.

Sockets are legit from the US corp but obviosity making a quick buck from badge engineering.

That's enough internet for today. See you all in a few months.

Last edited:

Reply to Has anybody had Ever ready flat plate 13a socket usb outlets … what a pile of rubbish in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock