Discuss Has anyone actually qualified with Trades Gateway? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

PLW

Struggling to find anyone that has actually become a qualified electrician with Trades Gateway. I've seen some testimonials on their website but would rather actually speak to someone directly.

you would end up with paper qualifications that would at best allow you to join a as a domestic installer. then your only option is house bashing as a self emplyed business. industry insist on approved electrician with JIB card.

you would end up with paper qualifications that would at best allow you to join a as a domestic installer. then your only option is house bashing as a self emplyed business. industry insist on approved electrician with JIB card.

What do you mean by "join a as a domestic installer" ?

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you mean by "join a as a domestic installer" ?
I think Tel means you could get your paper qualifications which without any practical experience mean didly squat, pay your scame fees NIC Elecsa NAPIT which ever one will have you, go self employed as a DI get some paying customers willing to pay you and off you go. Of course Tel may have a better take on what he means, but I'm pretty sure it isn't going to differ much from my take, over to you Tel, sorry if I trod on your post, but needs must.

I think Tel means you could get your paper qualifications which without any practical experience mean didly squat, pay your scame fees NIC Elecsa NAPIT which ever one will have you, go self employed as a DI get some paying customers willing to pay you and off you go. Of course Tel may have a better take on what he means, but I'm pretty sure it isn't going to differ much from my take, over to you Tel, sorry if I trod on your post, but needs must.

Ideally, I'd want to work with a reputable firm, don't like the thought of being self-employed if I'm honest with you at least not until I have some experience

I used these lads to complete my qualification. John and Neil at the Southampton branch both used to be sparks and are knowledgeable like most college tutors. I am in the trade as an Electricians Mate so have been learning practically on commercial sites alongside this course. A lot of people aren't in the trade and are getting through the exams but struggle a lot more. You can definitely notice a difference in ability on the practical weeks. I've got as far as completing the Level 3 Cert (still to complete NVQ aspect), 2394/5 exams and have now completed my AM2 (all included in the course fee). I now have to complete a bridging unit (short exam), to allow me to start the NVQ aspect. I have had an employer throughtout and so am completing my NVQ though my employer. If you aren't in the trade I cant offer you much advice on this aspect of it. Yes it is expensive but it worked out better for me with time off etc. Just remember I have had the support of 10+ JIB Gold card sparks that I am working alongside, and tbh I would have struggled without this help.

Hi I signed up with Trades Gateway in April 2016. With busy work load and 2 kids have only completed 8 modules and no practical assessments. Been told today that I have 8 months to finish the course. Is this possible?? And more important is it even worth it. Hope you can help

Hi I signed up with Trades Gateway in April 2016. With busy work load and 2 kids have only completed 8 modules and no practical assessments. Been told today that I have 8 months to finish the course. Is this possible?? And more important is it even worth it. Hope you can help
what is the course title/qualification.that would give a better idea of what you need to do to complete.

Look at the reviews on Google for Trades Gateway and you'll learn all you need to know about them. Salesmen will lie to you (they'll tell you Diploma's are full qualifications) and they'll charge three times as much as your local college.

If you're looking to fast track things then Able Skill have a solid reputation so they might be worth looking into although I'd personally recommend trying your local college.

Reply to Has anyone actually qualified with Trades Gateway? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net