SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Has anyone got a second hand 17th edition they would sell? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

livelylobster

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Starting the 2330 course next week and am flabbergasted at the retail price for the regulations book.

If anyone would like to sell theres then I will pay a good price for it...

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
S

Spudmiester

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Starting the 2330 course next week and am flabbergasted at the retail price for the regulations book.

As its just come out, I doubt anyone will want to sell one........but you never know !

G

Grae79

70 quid and it's yours! :D baaargain!

P

PAUL M

i can sell you a copy of the 17th ed for £50 quid:D now wheres that brown regs book gone:eek:;)

W

wattsup

just use the 16th, add your own page use an rcd/rcbo, don't stand in bath with hair drier.
You can have my 16th for 20 quid, and I'll throw in the certificate as well -;)

L

livelylobster

I guess I might have to stump the cash then... Can anyone beat £54 that Amazon are selling for or is that a fair price do you think?

R

rumrunner

I guess I might have to stump the cash then... Can anyone beat £54 that Amazon are selling for or is that a fair price do you think?
Thats a very goog price ,im not sure what the rrp is but i would just get it ,its only 50p a week for the next 2 years and by then we might be on the 18th;)

C

Carter

Thats a very goog price ,im not sure what the rrp is but i would just get it ,its only 50p a week for the next 2 years and by then we might be on the 18th;)
That's very cynical that is, but probably bang on the money (if you'll forgive the pun).

Cost me £65 so yes snap it up.

S

spark-doctor

I paid £45.00 at my local college library. It is where i get all my books, Takes a little while, about 2 weeks.

By the way, you will not need BS7671 until the end of your first year on the 2330 course.

Sorry I don't wish to sound patronising, but why would anyone want to sell their 17th edition (unless they have 2). I use mine on every job I do. Any good electrician will have it with them all the time. The regs book is not something you can read once and then forget. Once you start college and get into the realms of cable calculation, design current, disconnection times etc you will see what I mean. Incidentally if you are starting 2330 level 2 you won't need the 17th edition regs book until year 2.

C

Cirrus

I never had or needed the regs book throughout the whole of my 2330 L2 & L3:)

C

Cirrus

Didn't ever need it. Passed with GN3, OSG, Scadden & Linsley. All exams passed with distinctions / credits.

L

livelylobster

Sorry I don't wish to sound patronising, but why would anyone want to sell their 17th edition (unless they have 2). I use mine on every job I do. Any good electrician will have it with them all the time. The regs book is not something you can read once and then forget. Once you start college and get into the realms of cable calculation, design current, disconnection times etc you will see what I mean. Incidentally if you are starting 2330 level 2 you won't need the 17th edition regs book until year 2.
Well yes you do sound patronising. I have already stated that I am just starting out, so obviously I am not clued up about all the ins and outs regards to these things. We have an equpment list and the book is required for the course according to the tutors. How do I know its something that a spark should carry it around at all times, because I bet most dont?

Dont be so condescending man, I bet there was a time when you knew sweet FA.

B

Bane

Well yes you do sound patronising....
Dont be so condescending man, I bet there was a time when you knew sweet FA.
I don't think he sounded patronising and I bet if Saveloy hadn't included that sentence, " Sorry I don't wish to sound patronising" in his reply you wouldn't have even reacted or indeed felt that he was being patronising or, as you also put it, 'condescending'.:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Reply to Has anyone got a second hand 17th edition they would sell? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico 3000 Range
Top Bottom