Discuss Has anyone got an amended table for the new zs readings for BS60898 and BS3871 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all still feeling new to this game even after 5 years or so

Going through a test and having trouble with finding the max zs readings FOR bs3871 breakers
I know I can just multiply the old ones by 0.95, but was hoping someone had kindly already done a table with amended readings.

I also know I could work out the readings myself, but am in the process of learning them so it would be handy if I could have a table to aid me.

So yes i have looked in that big yellow thing, but as i am rusty on the bs7671, I cant find the relavent table for the BS3871. Hopefully someone will be the wd40 I need

Cheers for any positive comments or help given

CG

Going through a test and having trouble with finding the max zs readings FOR bs3871 breakers
I know I can just multiply the old ones by 0.95, but was hoping someone had kindly already done a table with amended readings.

I also know I could work out the readings myself, but am in the process of learning them so it would be handy if I could have a table to aid me.

So yes i have looked in that big yellow thing, but as i am rusty on the bs7671, I cant find the relavent table for the BS3871. Hopefully someone will be the wd40 I need

CG
if its not there, send me a scan off the current copies or where it is in bgb and ill make a table for you

I do have the Byb, but haven't looked in a regs book for a long time as someone else at the company I work at was doing all the regs work etc. I was working on different stuff that just required me to work hard and fast.

So so if don't use it, you lose it so to speak, so I'm just starting to play catch up and will be hopefully be up to speed soon.

for now I will just use the old list I have and amend the readings. I do need the yellow OSG. But as I said I do have the BYB.

I was was hoping someone might have already found such a table. Appreciate the offers of help though.

i have searched through the forum, but generally people just say to work it out, which is fair enough.

CG

C, All respondents so far ...

BS 7671 no longer carries the time-current characteristics of BS 3871 MCBs so no amount of looking in the BYB or BGB or indeed some editions before it will enable C to answer his own question ... unhelpful responses! Please see the tread below for the method to derive the max Zs readings ... I searched for just such a document that the OP is requesting and came across the relevant information ... spark 68 was very helpful!

http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk...-3871-time-current-characteristics-again.html

I hope that this helps though it is not quite what you seek ... and it will require some additional effort on your part.

Thank you for the help, I have so far got what I need from just adjusting the tables I have and have gone for 3.12 Max zs for a BS3871 Type 2 10 amp. I think I just need to take a bit longer in finding out for myself, was hoping for a quick fix to my issue. Ill read read through the link to the other thread. Thank you very much for all the positive helpers.

I can understand wanting to rid the forum of cowboys, but alas I want to get this right and want to learn as much as possible on the details I dont know at present. Im not into quick fixes on installs and testing, just handy tables that save me time trawling through the BYB which im still trying to get back into at the moment

Thank you for the help, I have so far got what I need from just adjusting the tables I have and have gone for 3.12 Max zs for a BS3871 Type 2 10 amp. I think I just need to take a bit longer in finding out for myself, was hoping for a quick fix to my issue. Ill read read through the link to the other thread. Thank you very much for all the positive helpers.

I can understand wanting to rid the forum of cowboys, but alas I want to get this right and want to learn as much as possible on the details I dont know at present. Im not into quick fixes on installs and testing, just handy tables that save me time trawling through the BYB which im still trying to get back into at the moment

If you find something useful then it helps the person who responds if you use the 'Like' link under the text of their post or the thumbs up 'Thanks' button in the 'menu' bar below their post. This shows other members how useful or helpful members' responses have been.

There you go GB. You deserve it :wink:

... I wasn't fishing ... much ... for compliments! They seem to come along quite nicely from time to time. It does seem that we all from time-to-time don't read the question ... or put our own spin on a thread! Guilty as charged; however, some of those posting here, in my opinion, have not been at their best. ;o(

Reply to Has anyone got an amended table for the new zs readings for BS60898 and BS3871 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net