CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Has this consumer unit been installed correctly? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hello,

Had a sparky install a new consumer unit, has it been done correctly. Bare in mind the chap cut corners on other bits of work he was contracted to do.

consumer unit.jpg

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
How much did you pay for this service? Quite often this is the result of the customer cutting costs. You get what you pay for.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No, and originally he was going to come back and do some more stuff. I contacted him and he said he will sort certificate etc when he comes back. I don't think I want him back.

I didn't think that the copper wires should be showing like that.

How much will it cost to fix this to you think?

Taylortwocities

-
Arms
Esteemed
Advent Win
The work done needs to be certified as being compliant with the relevant standards. The work also must be notified to the local authority. This should be done by the person doing the work.

No, and originally he was going to come back and do some more stuff. I contacted him and he said he will sort certificate etc when he comes back. I don't think I want him back.

I didn't think that the copper wires should be showing like that.

How much will it cost to fix this to you think?
I could rip all that out and reinstall in a couple of hours. Then it requires a full test so 3 to 5 hours.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
How much did you pay for this service? Quite often this is the result of the customer cutting costs. You get what you pay for.
This cheapo customer paid £500 for a new consumer unit, 3 new plug sockets and moving two ceiling lights.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
This cheapo customer paid £500 for a new consumer unit, 3 new plug sockets and moving two ceiling lights.
that is about the right sort of price to have the job done properly, not like that. might be worthwhile contacting Trading Standards.

also see if he's registered with niceic or one of the other schemes. if so, report him to them.

Reply to Has this consumer unit been installed correctly? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom