Discuss have i blown my diimer switch in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

brawl3r

hi everyone this is my first post and i have a serious problem with my lights i currently installed a 2 way dimmer switch in my living room the living room has 2 switches aswell 1 single in the living room that i put the dimmer switch on and another in the hallway that is a double gang with lights to the hallway also i connected the switch as i had to go away for the wknd my gf says they where flickering, the light mind you they where energy effeciant bulbs that i know dont work as i have been reading everywhere so they worked for a couple of days now they dont work so i tried an old fasion bulb 60 watts and as soon as i put it in and switched it on it blew have i killed the module in the back of the dimmer thanks in advance for any help cheers

only way to find out is first refit original switch and see if all works. you don't want to blindly fit another dimmer and risk blowing it. then find out 1. if your lamps are dimmable. 2. get a suitable dimmer for whatever lamps you have

thank you telectrix do most bulbs tell you if they are dimmable?
sorry it might sound like a stupid question i am new to doing anything electrical

Last edited by a moderator:
they do normally say on the box if they are dimmable or not. best advice would be to get someone in if your unsure though

ok thanks guys just one more question for you electricians as there is two switches for the living room is there a master or a slave or anything like that as i got a 400watt dimmer does that take any wattage away cheers

should be ok on 2way as long as they're not both dimmers.

Reply to have i blown my diimer switch in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock