Discuss Have you heard of REIN??? in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

This caught my eye in the Telegraph today:

REIN1.jpg

and this:

REIN2.jpg

Sorry about the 1st picky being at 90 degrees, its in the correct orientation on my PC!

Useful bit about the am radio...........

I think the warehouses are still full of am/fm radio sets and need to shift them before the FM stoppage.
Any money they'll be flying off the shelves at a PC world near you.
Mind you, that is how they check for listening bugs on half of the television programs I watch so I'm out to get mine now, unless 'they' are listening to me now and get to the store first! My brain, my brain!

Reminds me of a funny story with my now late gran. she couldnt understand why when she put the xmas lights on tree on each evening she lost her wifi, She was adamant it was the signals lot based at colerne barracks doing strange things like when she worked for the MOD during the 80's... I had to explain to her that the lights were a similar frequency to the wi-fi. not sure she fully got it. but by moving the router to other end of house and a broadband extender that plugged into a socket we soon got her back online to play bingo in no time. As long as she had her bingo, a bottle of gin and her beloved cats she was happy bless her.

REIN that drops on the just and unjust, yeh but that conspiracy theory REIN no. Although I have heard of odd things like that in the past but never took much notice. Surely it is very rare? Never encountered it personally and I have been on the internet since the first Sinclair came out and MODEMS were all the rage.

BT has a handful of high level engineers whose only job is to deal with this problem and they travel all over the country so it must be a common problem. My brother knows one of these engineers and some of the things he finds can vary from simple to complicated. One house had Christmas lights that wiped out the ADSL for the whole street easy to find because they were switched on for a while but other problems have been toasters and kettlesthat are not used that often

TIP: Don't ever start a conversation with a radio ham* about Rein / Broadband or phone chargers..... oh or PME (TN-C-S), they hate PME.

*You'll notice them from streets away, they'll have lots of aerials, be really geeky looking and think they know far more than you about electricky.

Reply to Have you heard of REIN??? in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net