Discuss Having trouble typing in threads??? in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

Guest112

Is anyone else experiencing difficulty typing in the thread comment boxes?

I don't mean typing skills in general just the lagging and the site not being able to keep up with each keystroke?

Actually it's happening in this box also, example;

I am an electricianand I ddn't win the euromillions st nigt so I have to go to wor Monday...

That was my typing at my normal pace, and now I'm slowly or repeatedly pressing each key...

I don't experience this issue on any other site/application

Mods??

I've haven't seen any other complaints and I just ran a tracert and the forum response time is very fast by standards. Are you sure your PC isn't doing a virus scan or some other task that would use a lot of local resources?

I've haven't seen any other complaints and I just ran a tracert and the forum response time is very fast by standards. Are you sure your PC isn't doing a virus scan or some other task that would use a lot of local resources?
being very slow on tapatalk as well

Cheers Marvo I did check and I had a malware program install itself on my laptop which was running constant scans which I've now uninstalled and typing is a little better.

I've perfomed an adaware full scan and restarted my laptop and it's still lagging a bit, example again;

I am tryng to gty typing rction time o its optimum levels so don't hve to type really slowly...

That was at normal typing speed for me? strange one this

Just checked typing in notepad and on various websites and it's definitely only happening on here, the weird thing is that it only happens in waves, sometimes it's fine and other times it's unbearable to write the shortest of sentences,

example; there wasn't a thingwrong until I mangedto get to the ottom of this post

only a few that time

I have had this problem for a few months and is why I have drastically cut back coming on this site now .
Mavro , if you can remember as far back as you responding to one of my posts , about ( I think it was ) being edited on another thread .
About an hour latter this started , one post reply took me over an hour to write and that is when I decided to stop coming on so much .

Can anyone who's having a problem with a lag when typing in the textbox please give details about;
1. Persistence and frequency of the problem ie how often it happens and how long each incidence lasts.
2. The device you're using ie PC, laptop, mobile device etc
3. Operating system.
4. Browser.

If we can get as much info as possible it will increase the chances of being able to duplicate the problem and getting to the bottom of it.

Thanks.

The frequency is I'd say at least 90% of the time,
Laptop
windows 8.1
Internet explorer

It's a relatively new issue for me and like I said it's not all of the time but most often, it only happens to me on this website, my laptop has 6gb ram and can keep up very well with a lot of tasks to a very high level, but this is becoming unbearable if I'm honest and puts me off this forum

Q
u
It
e

n
e
w

m
a
t
e

w
e
I
r
d
l
y

a
s

I
'
m

t
y
p
I
ng

n
o
e
w

I
t
s

a
p
r
e
a
r
I
n
g

a
s
a

e
r
t
I
a
l

l
I
n
e

Marvo that post above was genuine, as soon as I started typing without clicking anything it started appearing vertically and would not allow me to backspace?

but as I said n the unreadable post abve relatively recent, within te month Id say mate

Are you being serious? You're winding me up....aren't you?

on my mothers life no mate, I don't know how that even happened I just wanted to show it as it was. That was a first though, never had that happen before??

The frequency is I'd say at least 90% of the time,
Laptop
windows 8.1
Internet explorer

It's a relatively new issue for me and like I said it's not all of the time but most often, it only happens to me on this website, my laptop has 6gb ram and can keep up very well with a lot of tasks to a very high level, but this is becoming unbearable if I'm honest and puts me off this forum

The same as but I am on windows 7

Reply to Having trouble typing in threads??? in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock