Discuss HDMI Distribution, Samsung AllShare and network streams, help much appreciated. in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Tidy Max

Hello!

Okay, so we have installed 2 55" Series 6 Samsung panels into a shop, the panels are back to back hung off unicol and there intended use is for broadcasting anything that is going on a computer upstairs.
Current uses have been youtube on full screen and dvds.

The problem, our designer promised to distribute a HD signal.....

So with a hd signal coming out of a PC, into a Kramer Scaler (as its also being scaled to VGA for a normal PC monitor) out of the kramer scaler on HD and into a HD - CAT5 converter, down a cat 5 to the tvs, back into a CAT5 - HD converter, into a HD splitter and to both panels.

So thats...

PC HDMI ----> Kramer Scaler -----> HDMI OUT -----> HD to CAT5 MUX---------> CAT5 to HDMI----> HDMI 1 to 2 splitter --------> To both tvs......phew

Needless to say, its fraught with issues. We have had the system functioning correctly however inevitably after an hour/day/week one or both of the panels will stop receiving a signal. i am POSITIVE the signal is reaching the HDMI splitter....

ALL of the equipment is HDCP compliant (for sure!)

If anyone can offer an insight into this then please please help, i have just been reading about accessing the Samsung Service menu and disabling the HDMI clock function however until i read more into it i don't know what this actually does ive just been told it could solve my problem.

Either way the issue is either a handshaking issue or the Samsung LED s6 does not like the signal for whatever reason.

Seeing as this job has been dragged out so long im now looking at other alternatives, Samsung AllShare being one of them.

With AllShare the staff can still access YouTube. I could still play content from the computer/network on the tvs... however i would not be able to control both panels at the same time which is probably not acceptable to the client.

So in comes IP streaming......

Can anyone offer any advice or suggestions regarding our many problems please. Much appreciated to hear what you have to say, now i shall go and craft a noose from some HDMI leads.

Max

are you present when the system fails?

there really are lots of suggestions, if's but's and maybes: one thing: it is really important where your splitters are too. for example i have to have my hdmi splitter right next to my projectors in one of the spaces i maintain-not 5 ft away or 30ft;0.5m.

It seems that you have far too many connections in this setup. Every connection increases resistance and will degrade the quality of the signal.

What are the lengths of cables between each connection?

Are the HDMI to Cat 5e converters powered?

Is it possible to run HDMI cables for the entire length, instead of using the cat 5e converters?

Take a look at HDanywhere™ Multiroom+ System, they have some good HDMI distribution equipment (depending on budget, as some are fairly pricey).

Sorry i hadn't seen these replies!

Yep ive been present when the system has failed. The splitter is on the back of both panels (as they are hung back to back off a UNICOL) and the flying leads off them are 30cm leads.

Yes the converters are powered.

No its not possible to run HDMI leads, the run is about 30m.

Ive used the same equipment for runs alot further and with the same amount if not more connections, although i do appreciate the signal degradation issue.

Ive opted for some blackbox IPtv. Im just going to turn the signal into a webstream and pick it up that way.

Thanks for the advice team!

Good luck mate! TBH if you've done the same install in other places and its all fine, then as IT support said to me recently when totally unable to re-create issues "it's which way the wind blows" great.....

LOL, ahhhhh you have got to love tech support!

I'm pretty convinced the issue is with the series 6 Samsung LED Panel, really someone from the company should go on HD distribution course, or even a video distribution course. I can't stand being made to look a fool in front of clients.

physically it would be abit of a pain albeit not impossible, however i wouldnt fancy a 30m hdmi lead! now i would expect serious signal losses with that, hdmi lead cores are like .2mm arent they?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Reply to HDMI Distribution, Samsung AllShare and network streams, help much appreciated. in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock