Discuss Hdmi switch in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

monkeyelectric

Hi all, does anyone know of a good hdmi switch for 4 hdmi devices at full 1080 automatically switching, i'm putting an led on the wall and don't really want 4 hdmi cables going don the wall to where the devices will be

Presumably you are not considering an AV amp as these only require 1 HDMI up to the screen. If not then most gear from Keene is usually a good shout. Hope this helps ?

The switch would be fine but will restrict you to the screens speakers etc. an amp would give you more flexibility for the future with upgrading to a 5-7.1 speaker set up and the ability to add up to 7 inputs.
I would always go with the amp but I am really into the home cinema scene.

No it is the other way round mine is 7 inputs and 2 outputs. They do not amplify the video signal they just distribute the correct video input and if required they also amplify the sound to external speakers if required.

home theatre cabling

Happy new year everyone
I'm in the process of renovating my first home. 3 bed house with Open living room and dinning. I'm going to be installing the cabling for a home theatre system as i rewire. Ill give you and idea of the end product/system I am after: I want to be able to have a htpc on my downstairs tv and control it all via a wireless keyboard and mouse in one.
Ill be using the upstairs small room cupboard as a rack/computer store (with ventilation).
Inside here ill have the HTPC, switches , patch panel, router maybe Xbox.
In the future I want the 2 bedrooms to able to access the main htpc. For now I just need to know what cables to install and ill think about equipment later on. Future proof comes to mind here.
So I've got upto (all in cat6). Ports for
Smart TV
Console
Hdmi over cat6 which takes 2 connections
USB for wireless control.

I'm thinking of fitting 6 gang rg45 in cat6
2 x hdmi's in a 1gang socket
1xcoax
This is in every room should I be installing anything else? I am a novice with regards to this.
Thanks for your time and any help

Reply to Hdmi switch in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net