Discuss Heat resistant cable connector in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I think the measurements quoted would be from a side edge... not vertically above/behind it.

Im beginning to think there's going to be some alterations to the wiring.....

nicebutdim

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I think the measurements quoted would be from a side edge... not vertically above/behind it.

Im beginning to think there's going to be some alterations to the wiring.....

Good point and I'd forgot this was ceiling mounted. Funnily enough I'd checked instructions on some APC heaters last week, for recommended distance from vertical obstructions, and this was also 100mm - I wasn't fully comfortable with that distance, but the manufacturer was.

OP
R
Reaction score
instructions for a good number of panel heaters stipulate 100mm between heater and connection unit.
The panel is a Herschel Select XLS panel ceiling mounted. The instructions say the plug socket must be 200mm away from the heater panel for the wall and freestanding mount. The installation instructions for the ceiling say to use a qualified spark, which I have. You can have a ceiling mount with a 13 amp or outlet next to it; that would be stupid. The cables need to be hidden, and the spark run a feed from an isolator on the adjacent wall. I guess I could make a bigger hole in the ceiling and push the connector into the ceiling void, and just have the flex running out to the panel.

Reply to Heat resistant cable connector in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net