Discuss Heat resisting flex for cooker in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

comptonspark

Went to wire up a new range cooker today and found that the manufacturers instructions call for a H05v2v2-f 6mm (PVC/PVC 90degree heat resisting) flexible cable.

Fine if that is what the manufacturer recomends, but where can you buy this in cut lenghts??.

I've tried my local wholesalers and online and even the cooker manufacturer but a) nobody stocks it anyway and b) I cant seem to find it in any manufacturers catalogue. I might have to resort to T&E but I don't want to since this would be against the manufacturers spec.

help!

I've found this before too - finding that spec flex is available only up to about 2mm cross-section.

I've tended to have to use regular T&E, but will be interested if anyone else knows where to get what the manufacturers recommend.

Just did a quick google for it and found a supplier minimum order 500 rolls direct from China. I think i will stick to T&E. Murdoch has it summed up i think.

I agree with Murdoch, on this one, It is beginning to bug me that manufacturers are specifying items which are hard to get hold of or in some cases perhaps not really necessary (3A fuses on everything or so it seems).

If they really want this specific cable to be attached to their lovely new cooker, then they should have supplied it as part of the package, or at least make it easy to purchase from their spares organisation. If you spent over a grand on a new telly or hi-fi you would expect to get some interconnecting cables included!

I think the problems will start when insurance companies try to get out of payouts because said cables weren't used. We all know they are almost impossible to get but insurance companies will use anything

Guys becareful a tenant got a serve shock were we live his arm looked bad i wished i took a picture some one had installed a cooker and it shorted out across this guys arm not nice do not use TE for the final connection link use any thing but and check to make sure its RCD and its done all correctly some ones in trouble but dont let it be you..:cuss:

My boss does ripouts and installs/repair work for a company who contract him on a rapid response basis. On a ripout he got a load of butyl cable which he has been using for cooker hookups...ideal that stuff.........

Only joking Glenn, next they'll be saying a cooker will have to installed within a heat resistant cupboard! Utter nonsense.
I think it's a case of a bored 'designer tech' over specifying parts.

Reply to Heat resisting flex for cooker in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net