Discuss Heathrow expansion ....................... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

O

Octopus

Today near me was a open session for locals to see some of the plans for the proposed 3rd runway at Heathrow .................. like it or not I think it needs to happen, along with a 2nd runway at Gatwick

I went along to understand what they are planning by way of infrastructure changes for people going to and from the airport ........ specifically from the south and south east, as at the moment the only options are really driving or train to London and out again...............

Needless to say the consulation confirmed that such plans are NOT part of the consulation, they have to show that they have considered them but they don't have to deliver anything.

So around the local hall were lots of plans and diagrams for everything except this subject except this:

Heathrow expansion ....................... Heathrow - EletriciansForums.net

All these points read as if some spotty teenager has come up with some open "hopes" rather than what needs to happen...........

Talk about a disjointed approach to such an important investment for the UK's future .............................

Ive already got the popcorn out to watch the mess they make... Scarily the b-word customs union thing has potential to be a train smash too :eek:

Just build it without consultation, if you don't like it though luck ;o))))

I grew up in Hayes and schooled in Harlington and my mother has lived there and still does all her life. It will be a real shame when areas near Harlington like Sipson and Harmondsworth which have relatively escaped the Heathrow expansion disappear.

Last edited:
I grew up in Hayes and schooled in Harlington and my mother has lived there and still does all her life. It will be a real shame when areas near Harlington like Sipson and Harmondsworth which have relatively escaped the Heathrow expansion disappear.
For my apprenticeship I studied at Uxbridge Tech.

to all the moaners, it's progress. if it's needed, then it,s got to be done. a bit like the moaners up here. ...

" We can't get a decent signal on our mobile phones, but we will protest at EE/02/etc., erecting a mast to improve reception"

" the traffic trough our town is mega congested, we can't get to work on time, but we will oppose the construction of a by-pass that will ease the problem".

to all the moaners, it's progress. if it's needed, then it,s got to be done. a bit like the moaners up here. ...

" We can't get a decent signal on our mobile phones, but we will protest at EE/02/etc., erecting a mast to improve reception"

" the traffic trough our town is mega congested, we can't get to work on time, but we will oppose the construction of a by-pass that will ease the problem".

woow. 4 for the price of one.

Going to a drop-in session next week about the changes to be made to flightpaths for Glasgow Airport...some will be upset!
Personally, I like the present flightpaths as they don't give me any noise nuisance, but I can watch them come in and as they pass by I know I've just got time to get to the airport to meet my wife/daughter whoever...and that's another opportunity to fathom out the latest changes to the parking/pick up/drop off system, and find out how much more they want you to pay for 10 minutes.
Apparently the current paths have been in use for years and for some reason they have to be amended...just wondering, if the runways remain the same, won't the planes still have to take off and land in the same directions?

maybe the prevailing winds have altered course, caused by global climate change due to all these aircraft pumping out pollution.

Does that mean they will have to swivel the runways a bit?
Don't think there's enough room:(

get a gang og pikeys on the job, be done in a week. wouldn't like to land on their tarmac though.

Reply to Heathrow expansion ....................... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock