Discuss heating problems in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mark the Spark

Im currently ready to second fix my bro's heating. Its going to consist of an oil burner and a solid fuel burner and I want the oil to heat the house until the fire reaches the correct temperature and then I want the oil to switch off and the fire to take over heating the house. Please could someone advise me the best way to do this

cheers

Given that you'll most likely need a run-out from the solid fuel burner anyway out to a towel rail or whatever (they get monstrously hot and that's gotta go somewhere!) then the most common way to do it is to fit a pipe stat on the o/p from the solid fuel to switch Off the Oil o/p when it's running based on a timer. In other words, the solid fuel is 'always on'.

Tell me if that doesn't make sense and I'll do a drawing!

As said above a drawing required to understand but as I know solid fuel should be always on. A good way to fit the pipe start on the opposite of the solid fuel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to heating problems in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have not had to do the wiring for a wet underfloor heating system before. I think I started a thread fairly recently and had some very good...
Replies
Views
I've pretty much sussed out the wiring for the radiators and underfloor heating, thanks to help from the forum. I do have one more question...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, hope you all had a good xmas. Got called around to change over an old style pin type thermostat to a hive one for a family member...
Replies
Views
Hi there I need your opinion on this one, I need to fix mat 18sqm (200w). Client instead of one mat bought 2 mats (12sqm)+(6sqm) one thermostat ...
Replies
Views
can anyone please advise on where the wires go? My electrician installed a new cable ready for when I bought a security light. The cable as shown...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock