Discuss heating sytem in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
starting job next thursday adjusting a heating system..

there currently is one heating sytem for 3 parts of a building which is rented out as doctors , dentist and a flat...

we plan to change the 2 channel time clock for a 4 channel timeclock and add 4 new valves , doctors heating, dentist heating, flat above heating and hot water ..
adding a stat in each area as their control of heat..

so isit l-n-e to wiring centre, 3 stats wired bk to wiring centre, and cylinder stat and programmer..

so these will be set to come on at times of 8 -6 and if is a good day they can turn their stat down to stop heating comming on..

i know a balls but im getting there..

any tips before i carry out my story

The Honeywell wiring diagram is a great drawing :)

I would run a 5 core to the wiring center from the existing wiring center, then connect all my new stats and valves to my new wiring center

5 core as follows, L,N, E, switch live to turn the boiler on and a spare just in case the is a need for a switched live to the pump just in case the boiler requires a pump over run

You won't find a 4 channel programmer anywhere I've never seen one your better of wiring in each part a programmable room statt and run a 3core each back to the wirirng centre switching each valve much easier than your proposal

would that mean each area needs its own supply aswell..????. id rather all power came from the one area for maintenance etc..... if im way off the mARK, IGNORE ME....
You won't find a 4 channel programmer anywhere I've never seen one your better of wiring in each part a programmable room statt and run a 3core each back to the wirirng centre switching each valve much easier than your proposal

3c and earth all back to boiler room... i dont even know what stats the plumber has bought?

its my job , but i let him take control..... he being doing heating for years and good probably wire himself but ive got the contacts,,,,, so a good person to improve my heating skills off...

we were going to use wireless stats but were exspensive

Google honeywell wiring guide .16th editon. go to S plan + this is for two zones plus hot water.
Follow the diagram for the 2nd heating zone but take the power for the 2nd and third from the programmer not direct from the mains side. You could also use a programmable room stat for all three zones thus the main programmer (would only need a conventional 2 channel programmer) is the master so when this is off all is off and it would also give the clients in each area total control of their heating within the set programme times of the master programmer.

Reply to heating sytem in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net