Discuss heating in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dochisholm

hi i need to install a heater in a wooden stables to heat some horse covers they can get damp so looking for a powerful heater that is waterproof and hopefully not to much to run any ideas thanks. Also at this installation the suppliers put in a new cutout with no pme written and 0.46 ohms on the meter board even though its a pme cutout am i still able to use this earth to bond sub main isolator. installation itself is tt'd and have used that to earth sub main sheath.

Firstly if the shed is getting damp it sounds like it is not insulated, so putting an electric heater in there is going to cost a bomb to run, and unless it's very big, won't be all that effective.

If There is a MET and the earth loop is lower on this than the the rod, then the method with the lowest result should be used. I'm assuming that originally the supply was TT, and that for whatever reason the supplier has installed a new cut out and provided a MET.

no there was no supply there before a new installation completely i have put the installation on a tt system as it is recommended for installtion involving animals unless a bonded grid is in the floor. The issue is at the new cutout i have installed a metal clad isolator for the sub main i taken no earth to it form the cutout as it states no pme and the loop is to high anyway for tncs. The swa and the isolaotr are bonded via the tt system. so the heater is a no go at all

Reply to heating in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I've a 3 phase storage heater currently wired to the main fuse box in an office I have. The heater has 2 supplies/isolators, 1 for charging at...
Replies
Views
This thread is in relation to the job at the farm I am thinking of taking on (3 phase thread). At present the farm is all PME. I believe it needs...
Replies
Views
I'm new to this but stuck with an issue, so I'm looking for some help wherever possible. I have just completed a rewire, which I have a potential...
Replies
Views
As the title says, I am looking for a recommendation for an enclosure and gland arrangement to electrically isolate or divorce the earth/armouring...
Replies
Views
I’m a trainee electrician and would really appreciate the benefit of someone’s skill and experience on the following: Our house is a TN-C-S (100A...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock