Discuss Heatmeiser system query in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

Kamikaze

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I’ve got a job coming up with two Heatmeiser UH8 control centres which need to fire the same combi boiler. Is it just a case of paralleling up the volt free connections LS and LR or am I missing something. It seems too easy! Also, because there are no time switches and the system will be controlled from the stats 24/7, can anyone see a problem with this setup? The plumbers have been and left all the gubbins on site. I will be going there on Tuesday to have a look but wanted to familiarise myself with the system beforehand since I don’t work on too many heating systems. Apparently the wet pants have already lost the boiler instructions, but once I’ve got the make and model, should be able to down load them from somewhere. All the wiring is already in the wrong places since the clowns have moved the manifolds. They couldn’t even keep to their own plan. Just as well they got a couple of extra days off over Easter. Who knows what other chaos they could have created in that time…lol.:)
Heatmeiser UH8.jpg

yeah just parallel them up. Where the thermostat link in the boiler goes...remove it and just connect these terminals to LS and LR. If the Boiler doesn't have the link (if it isn't a combi) then feed LS with a permanent feed from in the wiring centre and connect LR to the switched live connection within boiler.

It's brill ain't it, nobody gives a damn,had same problem on a job I connected up,everything was cabled with t&e,all the kit was low voltage cat 5 connection s,you had to laugh.

They weren’t even the biggest numpties on site. The people that poured the self levelling floor have managed to make it look like a rollercoaster ride. Apparently the difference in some places is up to 50mm. The client and the contractor are now at deathcon 1. It wouldn’t surprise me if the whole lot has to come back up again. I didn’t have the heart to tell the client that the ceilings had to come back down again to make the alterations to the wiring. Didn't want to ruin their weekend any further!

Got bored this afternoon and decided to go on a little jolly to the job. It turns out that the relocation of the manifold won’t be too bad. The wires should pull back and might be long enough to reach the new location (famous last words…lol). Only the utility ceiling will have to come down. The flooring contractor has accepted liability and has come to terms with the client. They will correct the problem and provide warranties, guarantees and insurance for the corrective work via their respective solicitors. Until the paper work for the warranty is sorted out, the job is on hold, which according to their solicitor might take up to 80 days. Since I was too busy talking and eating lemon cake, I forgot to write down the make and model of that boiler, but its definitely a combi boiler. There is only one strange thing. The ground floor heating has a zone valve but the upstairs one has not. So I will have to get onto the plumbers to find out what will be controlling that. This job had so much potential, shame it was born with two gammy legs…lol.

Reply to Heatmeiser system query in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net