Discuss heights of light switches/ sockets in domestic garage in scotland in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bobby101

hi all would like to know if the regs for installing lights switches/ sockets in a domestic garage in scotland are ok to go outwith the recommended size i.e. was unsure if the sizes in the on site guide were purely a recommendation or is it written in stone. so to speak

Building Regs states between 450 to 1200mm .. sockets min 450 to the bottom and light switches max 1200 to the top but this is in new build ,if its an existing building it can be installed at the same height

fit them wherew the client wants them. as nick has said, the 450-1200 only applies to new build.

Reply to heights of light switches/ sockets in domestic garage in scotland in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, First post here, hope I'm compliant with the rules! I did do a quick search before asking this, but I couldn't quite come up with the...
Replies
Views
I'll start by saying - I have absolutely no intention of doing any wiring or anything electrical myself. You get someone professional to do a...
Replies
Views
Hello, Looking for some advice following a botched 3 phase upgrade today. Some background: Commercial unit originally fitted out (4 years ago)...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I have some industrial lighting circuits to wire in a workshop and was after some fresh ideas/suggestions as to how i could best do this...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a bit of advice on a volt drop query we have in our office. I'll explain the scenario and I would really appreciate any...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock