Discuss Helacon connectors? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rocker

Anyone used helacons? How do they stand up to wagos? After a brief glance hey seem to be a bit more reasonable on the pricing front, but are they any good?

They are useless got boxes of them in the stores, their one shot wonders if you make a mistake you basically have to cut the wire and throw the connector away, they were supposed to bring out something similar to wago last year but never did. I spoke to their rep at the elex show and even he said off record that he would use wago instead.

used them both seem fine. if you twist the wire it will come back out and both intact. pulling just makes the connection tighter.

Use them all the time now - brilliant - save's quite a bit of time . Usually use them @ switch boxes to terminate neutrals. I leave the wires a little bit longer just in case they need to be re-terminated in the future.

I take it from your reaction that you have bought one or two, Rocker.

Ha no this time I actually waited for advice before ordering!!
Bit of a mixed reaction so far. I was looking to see how they help up against the wago push-fits mind, rather than the lever types. I thought the wago push ones were pretty impossible to unattach as well once they are fitted?
Hmmm they are cheap, a punt of 8 quid for a hundred isn't going to ruin me, I hope. Worth a go?

I love 'em, use them quite often! Did a job the other week where I ended up with 5 neutrals in a light switch, ace for stuff like that.

As someone else mentioned, can be difficult to get out again if you've screwed up...;)

Anybody know where on can get a good deal on any, been waiting for my wholesaler way to long to get more in!?

Last edited by a moderator:
have got the free wago sample from them seems good but use helacons and seem to work well have never had a prob getting them off with twist and pull but there again how often do you want to take them off anyway ?
the wagos do a switch lock one thats handy in your test kit for use instead of using blocks for contin/testing etc but thats the only reason i can really think of using fast removable connectors so i tend to stick with helacons when needed.

Hi there,

Please can you tell me how you got your free sample, I use the helacon all the time they are great for when making switches off when you have the neutrals to terminate,

Thanks

Just to update I got some of these and they are every bit as good as the Wago push-fit ones apart from ONE thing - they only go up to 2.5mm and the Wago ones will do up to 6, but for half the price, and considering 1.5 and 2.5 is where the majority of my jointing work is spent, they are well worth it.

Had my free sample from wago a few weeks now but still haven't used them, i'm still behind the times using standard connector blocks, at £8 a go though I think I better upgrade, will be buying some helacons from ebay and will post my opinion of them once I use them, thanks.!

Yer helacons are about 9p each from wholesale very quick and easy ! best to have both the wago and helacon as said helacons go upto 2.5mm so thats where the wagos come in !

The wagos take flex as well unlike the Helacon's, I personally don't see the point in carrying around two different types of stock if one one will suffice if but a little more expensive.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
been playing with the helacon connectors and already sold. where have they been all my life. great product and going to get some wagos in the bigger sizes. :D

Reply to Helacon connectors? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net