Discuss hello all new member need advise in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rob15875

hello all need advise going to start 2330 level 3 in sept . did my level 1 years ago but tutor said just jump in on level 3 but dont know where to start with my study books, formulas any advise ? thanks in advance

Dan

I'm not a sparky but I know a couple ;-)
Staff member
Admin
Hello rob15875, welcome aboard. Enjoy the forum. :D

OP
M

MarkieSparkie

Hi, welcome to the forum. You could start by reading up on the health and safety aspects of electrical work because most lecturers seem to like starting with that, probably to get it out of the way as it's the least popular aspect with most students in my experience.

OP
A

Adam W

Welcome to the forum!
You could start reading up on cable calcs (they're in the regs book), inductive and capacitive reactance (ZL, XC, power factor & phase angle).
Those are the ones I reckon I'd struggle most with if I tried them again, and they should keep you busy until you start college again.

th_walking_dude

Regular EF Member
Having just finished my level 2, I would recommend the course book by Trevor Linsley (level 2) its a giant of a book but I couldn't have got through the course without it. pretty easy to just pick out the bits you want to read. that and the level 3 book are on Amazon for around £20 each. Also A regs book or The Onsite Guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 64 66.0%
  • Black

Votes: 33 34.0%

Electrician Talk