Discuss Hello and ad IP question in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

Balgy

Hello all

New to this forum, and newly accredited to NICEIC although I've been an electrical engineer for 25 years.

I'm designing a new house and currently looking at the bathroom. I'm going to install an elecrically heated towel rail in zone 2, and while this is allowed if the rating is IPx4 can any one point me to a definition of IP rating for the flex outlet. There are some comments on these threads but they do raise more questions.

Hello all

New to this forum, and newly accredited to NICEIC although I've been an electrical engineer for 25 years.

I'm designing a new house and currently looking at the bathroom. I'm going to install an elecrically heated towel rail in zone 2, and while this is allowed if the rating is IPx4 can any one point me to a definition of IP rating for the flex outlet. There are some comments on these threads but they do raise more questions.

Welcome aboard :)

The only way to assertain This would be from manufacturers data,
IMO the best way would be to place the flex outlet outside zone.

Thanks rich.250

I had noticed that I could place it outside of the zones but the question has been bugging me all day.

Regs also say towel rails can be in zone1 but that would mean an unsightly flex or one going straight up if the ceiling is higher than 2.25m.

It also has to be fit for purpose.
A good idea may be to fit a flex outlet to tidy it up. And simply run the cable through it to another location. No joints or terminations in that box.
So ipx4 not required. As flex is still sheathed. :)

a bit if silicon.... instant IPX4. :13:

Like it:smile5: though I'd be cautious of any need to rewire after all the decorations are complete. I'm going to stick it outside the zones as originally suggested.

or brown or black????

Reply to Hello and ad IP question in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock