Discuss Hello Australian electrician needing advice in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

braddavid

Hey Im a recently qualified Electrician from Australia I need some advice. Im interested in working in either the UK (working holiday) or in the Gulf if you guys can give me any advice on getting a job and what sort of currency my A grade licence carries internationally that would be appreciated. I'm happy to answer any questions about our industry or about Australia in general

I'm in the opposite boat to you. Currently in Darwin working as a TA on a new prison build, trying to get my A grade license At the moment seems to a costly process even though I'm a time served spark in the uk. Darwin seems to be the place to be for tradies at the moment. Good money. 34 degrees every day. And plenty of work. As for transferring your A grade you probably won't need too unless your working for yourself. Good luck mate

I'm in the opposite boat to you. Currently in Darwin working as a TA on a new prison build, trying to get my A grade license At the moment seems to a costly process even though I'm a time served spark in the uk. Darwin seems to be the place to be for tradies at the moment. Good money. 34 degrees every day. And plenty of work. As for transferring your A grade you probably won't need too unless your working for yourself. Good luck mate
I might have to consider a move there if I can't get anything in the mines or overseas, whats your A grades hourly rate if you don't mind me asking? If you plan on staying here for a period of time its definetly worth the dollars, I know you probably are more competent than a lot of your A grades but it has to be done unfortunetly. good luck and cheers

The company I'm working for are paying $46 an hour for a grades and 42 for TAs. Double time Saturdays which is pretty good. 7 till 5 so can clock up some pretty good hours. Hays recruitment and red appointments are the people to contact. Yeah we'll I can get my 2nd year visa as NT Is classed as regional work but I'm thinking about going down the skilled migration route

Reply to Hello Australian electrician needing advice in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net