Discuss Hello Chaps & Chapette's in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Just come across this forum & thought I'd put my oar in. Things seem a it bleak out there at the moment, normally do Structured Cabling, CCTV Alarms etc. but my contracts have either been moved back, scrapped or sitting in the ether. Have always had plenty of work & normally turning things down, but these last 3 weeks have been totally dead. So casting the net further & probably treading on other peoples toes scrambling for the same work thought I'd look at domestic electrics. I've put flyers up in the local shops, signed up with a few websites, anyone any other sure fire ways of getting business?

Alan...

Hi Mate,

The best advert is word of mouth, like with you normal contracting it's probably from the same sources and now and again from contacts met onsite. We all ask friends and famillies if they know a good tradesman when we need one and thats where the majority of the work comes from. Like myself i rely on the larger commercial and industrial installs for the bread and butter, but am building up my reputation in the domestic market while it's quiet.

Cheers

Mark

You're right about word of mouth is certainly the best route, not had to advertise or anything for the past 5 years. But need to get the first few jobs to get it spreading is the issue.

Alan...

Reply to Hello Chaps & Chapette's in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock