Discuss Hello ello in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

andyd55

Newbie here! Stumbled accross this forum by accident and love it! Great set up guys and gurls!!

My names Andrew or Andy, I am not currently a electrician but I do wish to get into the trade and out of my current job! I am 23 years old, and live in N. Ireland, I currently work in Scotland a good bit.

I am interested in what the best way to become a spark at my age or within a year or so when I can leave my curent job contracted for another 2 years!!!

Can I do the course while working in Scotland and are they still valid in N. Ireland or is it a different set up over there?

Sorry for long winded hello!!

Newbie here! Stumbled accross this forum by accident and love it! Great set up guys and gurls!!

My names Andrew or Andy, I am not currently a electrician but I do wish to get into the trade and out of my current job! I am 23 years old, and live in N. Ireland, I currently work in Scotland a good bit.

I am interested in what the best way to become a spark at my age or within a year or so when I can leave my curent job contracted for another 2 years!!!

Can I do the course while working in Scotland and are they still valid in N. Ireland or is it a different set up over there?

Sorry for long winded hello!!
I think you'll find that the qualifications you are doing are valid in the UK,so no worries there.Welcome to the forums Andy

Hi Andy

Welcome to the forum as far as I am aware it should not make any real difference as we all work to BS 7671 however I would check with anyone offering courses in NI ask them if you can work anywhere in the UK if you can then the quals you get over here should be ok as well.

If indoubt give Ableskills a call always found them helpful and honest.

Chris

Sorry left out address Plumbing course | Construction Training | Electrician Courses | DIY Skills

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome andy

The electricians quals are based on BS7671 IEE witring regulations and are ok for all of UK
If you begin your studies soon then 2 years or so you will be prepared for the industry and if you are then employed in the industry, you will find the on site practical experience that will prepare you for becoming an electrician
It is not easy but is a very rewarding trade to enter
Good luck with your aims

THe IET I mentioned is a worth a look with regard to all things related to electricians work

Thanks for the replies guys!! I was considering getting started on a course soon or even working at weekend for free to gain a bit of experience, I have done some personal jobs, wiring a consumer unit, installing extra lights sockets, extractor fans etc and really enjoy it and take pride in it!

Does anyone know if anywhere near Dumbarton runs evening classes or such like that would help me along?

Reply to Hello ello in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock