Discuss Hello everyone...Would appreciate for any advice please. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

jdtae

-
Reaction score
Hi All,

Hope everyone hers are safe.
The photo attached was only uncovered when builder ripped down ceiling boards in order to double the joists in kitchen area then I was called to have a look and find the to re-route the cables....
They are for sockets for the room at up stair, and lighting also kitchen area...etc.
DB is over two rooms away and I do not see any option but cut them and re-connected them when builder doubles joists....What sort of connection terminals or jointing boxes or multi array terminal box...etc..etc..
I know it is horribly mess and I hate the work whoever has done in the past but I am the person being asked to deal with...
Your advice would be much appreciated.

Regards
JD

Attachments

• Hello everyone...Would appreciate for any advice please. Electric wires above ceilin - EletriciansForums.net
    Electric wires above ceiling.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 78
Hi All,

Hope everyone hers are safe.
The photo attached was only uncovered when builder ripped down ceiling boards in order to double the joists in kitchen area then I was called to have a look and find the to re-route the cables....
They are for sockets for the room at up stair, and lighting also kitchen area...etc.
DB is over two rooms away and I do not see any option but cut them and re-connected them when builder doubles joists....What sort of connection terminals or jointing boxes or multi array terminal box...etc..etc..
I know it is horribly mess and I hate the work whoever has done in the past but I am the person being asked to deal with...
Your advice would be much appreciated.

Regards
JD
High JD and welcome, very difficult to advise from afar, any junction boxes you use will need to be accessible as they will be covered up by the ceiling boards. they will need to be maintenance free, there are these types avaiable.
Do you know of a competent Electrician, as the best advice I can give, would be to get one involved eith your remodelling project, lat the forum know of your location, someone may offer to help you out if they are local to you, failing that approach, locate an Electrician local to you, visit one of the local Electrical Wholesalers in your area and ask the staff if they know of any one that may be interested in helping you Electricians are in general a friendly bunch, you may even bump into one at the counter in the serving area, a good place to start would be the plumbing and Electrical departments of your local "Screwfix" outlet, good luck and please let us know how you get on.

What is your question?

You have a bunch of messy cables to sort out so work out what they all do, where they go and decide what to do from there. If they can be rerouted then reroute them, if they aren't long enough then replace them where possible, and as an absolute last resort if nothing else is possible joint them using an MF joint.

Reply to Hello everyone...Would appreciate for any advice please. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock