Discuss Hello everyone! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

who?

Found your great forum whilst I was searching for info on the new edition of the regs.

I have my local book shop on the 17th Ed case and I should get my copy pronto...by the way...the price has gone up again!! On Site Guide too!

I have been a spark since leaving A level college at 19, was gonna go to Uni and study Product Design but couldn't face living in squalla for 4 years so got a job as a leccy's mate and spent 4 n half years at my local Tech College in Taunton. Best thing I ever did!

Worked mainly in the domestic/commercial scene with a few months in the Northern Territorys, Outback Australia on a year out!! Mind blowing.......

Self employed for 5 years now with two employees and all the headaches!

Looking forward to sharing the highs and lows points with ya all!

Regards

Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
hiya who?, Is that your nickname hey? thanks for joining up, sounds pretty good that you've worked abroad, I'm looking into do it myself. Was it worth doing, good experience and that ?

Ha! 'WHO' is the registration letters of my first car, a 1970 VW bug which is still going strong!

Working in Oz was crazy, in the outback with supplies coming in by helicopter or on the weekly dispatch artic lorry from Alice Springs. The sparks were the only sensible workers on site, the rest were smoking green stuff and drinking till midnight, every night.

The hardest place I have ever worked, but the most fun...I could write a book!!

I did a stretch of three months with two days off, 11 hour days....stir crazy or what?

Earnt good money though, outback tax relief included....

Reply to Hello everyone! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net