Discuss Hello - experience required in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

austin

Hello Guys

Good to see well a organised forum, well done

I have read the sticky post about becoming an electrician. I have passed my 17th regs, inspection and testing and domestic installations course. What I need now is experience.

Is there anything else i should be doing? I am desperate to get hands on experience. I will be leaving the RAF soon (electronics engineer)
I am based near Plymouth and work shifts, so have time to give someone. My labour in exchange for experience.

All replies welcome, thanks

Austin

Hi Austin and welcome. You seem to have covered it so far but how about registering with the NICEIC or similar which will allow you to self certify your own work. Then while still serving you can advertise in your local for work.

Contact small business advisory service they are free and cover setting up your own business and cover all aspects from tax to advertising.

Good luck

Chris

Reply to Hello - experience required in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock