Discuss Hello Forum .... in this cold time, i need your help in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

Aytrisha

Hello, i am in urgent need of assistance... i am not an electrician, or plumber, in fact i do not have a trade. i have currently moved into a property that has an ancient boiler system, and i dont have a clue as how this boiler system works.

it is called 'Horstmann Economy 7 Quartz' yep, an ancient warrior!!!

this boiler is only to product hot water, as i dont have radiators in my property.
when i first arrived in this property it did work fine..... 3 weeks later, i am without hot water.... every Man i know, (not Engineers) thinks they could conquer this machine, but once in sight of it, look very sheepish and dumbfounded..... and i am still without Hot water 2 months later.
i have been fortunate to have a lovely friend near by, who has allowed me, to bother her everyday, to have a shower... but how long is this gonna be acceptable, Christmas is coming, and winter is here.... i have to get this sorted ASAP....... please.... anyone.... please help me.
Trisha:sob::sob::sob:

Ok well theres a few things you can confirm first.
Is the timer working and showing the correct time?
If it is does the timed light or boost light come on?

If the controller seems to be working then its possible the actual immersion heater has failed.

That's a relatively easy thing test and prove.

I'm not that far away (20 miles) but I'm not very mobile as I have a duff knee at the moment.

A bit of an explanation below, if any of your non engineer friends can safely assess the point of failure then you will be able to determine what need to be replaced or repaired to regain hot water. It is also possible that you only have one immersion element and both connections go to that element.

Hello Forum .... in this cold time, i need your help Immersion heater Horstmann Controls - EletriciansForums.net

Hello, i am in urgent need of assistance... i am not an electrician, or plumber, in fact i do not have a trade. i have currently moved into a property that has an ancient boiler system, and i dont have a clue as how this boiler system works.

it is called 'Horstmann Economy 7 Quartz' yep, an ancient warrior!!!

this boiler is only to product hot water, as i dont have radiators in my property.
when i first arrived in this property it did work fine..... 3 weeks later, i am without hot water.... every Man i know, (not Engineers) thinks they could conquer this machine, but once in sight of it, look very sheepish and dumbfounded..... and i am still without Hot water 2 months later.
i have been fortunate to have a lovely friend near by, who has allowed me, to bother her everyday, to have a shower... but how long is this gonna be acceptable, Christmas is coming, and winter is here.... i have to get this sorted ASAP....... please.... anyone.... please help me.
Trisha:sob::sob::sob:
Do you have an off peak supply? Have you paid your electricity bill? I would employ the services of an electrician to rectify this problem.

If it's Immersion heating it could be as simple as manual over temperature stat tripped on the heater, which would also need investigating as to why.

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.co.uk, post any main questions in the Electrical Forum. Anything else goes into one of the more suitable forum categories. :)

Reply to Hello Forum .... in this cold time, i need your help in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock