Discuss Hello from Chicago - question about 400amp service being run over 600' in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

bondonian

DIY
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, just saying hi as I already posted my question in the Electrical Advice section. Appreciate any info from someone with experience running 400amp residential service to a house a good distance from the main utility supply line.

Thanks!

Mike

Hi Everyone, just saying hi as I already posted my question in the Electrical Advice section. Appreciate any info from someone with experience running 400amp residential service to a house a good distance from the main utility supply line.

Thanks!

Mike

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum mate.

I've seen your other post about running 400A over 625 feet (190 meters). That's quite a bit of amperage over a long distance.
Hopefully one of our American members will be able to help you out.

Just noticed you post in the other forum. Yes, it will be expensive however you do it. You might be at the point where it makes more sense economically to have a HV run to near your property and then a transformer down to the 120-0-120V supply. That would definately be a job for your electricity supply company.

Reply to Hello from Chicago - question about 400amp service being run over 600' in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello Everyone, I am building a new home in Illinois and will be running 400 amp service from the street where the main ComEd electrical line is...
Replies
Views
hi guys / girls , any advice would be appreciated, So the situation is a domestic property has a 3 phase supply , from the service head we have 3...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone! I have a question regarding the electricity supply and the maximum demand. One energy utility supplies an 18 kVA maximum...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. I bought some property in northern Michigan. It has underground electric with a transformer already on the property. I would like...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm in need of some advice. First of all i'm not an electrician but do have an understanding of electrics as i come from an electronics...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock