Discuss Hello from me and quick Lightning question in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I recently purchased a kinetic light switch with two buttons and two receivers like this one
Kinetic Light Switch and Receiver Kit - Double | Kinetic Self-Powered Wireless Switches - https://wireless-switches.com/product/kinetic-light-switch-and-receiver-kit-double/ (if links are not allowed, please delete it).
I connected one fixture, but for the other I don't have space on the ceiling, because the fixture is unusual. I have space behind the traditional switch. Can I connect the other receiver in the wall, behind the traditional switch and if yes how?
Thanks

Welcome to the forum mate.
Unfortunately the works computer will not let me open the link.
Maybe someone could copy/paste wiring of light switch into a post.

can you not fit the receiver above the ceiling, then feed down to light.

You can probably connect the receiver behind the switch, those receivers have a battery so no permanent live required which makes it easier. Couple of points-
  • If you have a switch with a receiver behind it, why not just use a switch?
  • Your link shows switches rated for 80-150V for American use. Do you have a version for UK mains?

or looking at the thread title, maybe he wants the lights powered from the cloud. (lightning).

Reply to Hello from me and quick Lightning question in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone :) my first post here. Quick background I'm a newly qualified installer of somewhat advanced years whose just starting out in the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I currently have two switches in my bathroom. One controls the lights above the sink and the other controls a light above the toilet and...
Replies
Views
I have carried out home wiring for 60 years as a competent person, for the last 20 years, I employ a local electrician to check my work and sign...
Replies
Views
Hello, my house was built in the 1950s and every time I look behind a wall plate the wiring isn’t how it’s shown in any DIY book I’ve read. I’m...
Replies
Views
Background Two weeks ago, lightning struck a tree in our yard. Many circuits tripped and several electronic devices failed. There was a strong...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock