Discuss Hello I work for a company in the UK and have done for 15 years, as of this year I’ve been told the following..... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello I work for a company in the UK and have
done for 15 years but as of this year I’ve been told
that the type of work we will be undertaking will change and I will
need a certain type of card to get on site ( perilously just certificate). Now
I am being told I have to source these things my self despite working
for a company, is this correct?
Any information would be great thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Our company should be paying and providing all the equipment for you to carry on your work normally

Have a look at the employee handbook and any contract of employment you have.

Hi,on what basis have you been working for this company?

What type of card are they asking you for?

Hi,the responsibility for the cost of that,will directly depend on your terms and conditions,in any contract of employment,and to slightly lesser degree,established and accepted arrangements.

This ranges from "have to" for all costs....right down to a "not do" for any?

I see and hear,of a lot of outfits,locking lads in to voluntary repayment,or retrieval of costs,if leaving,calculated on a sliding scale.
These are usually agreed,whether happily or not.

Everybody can give you their opinion,based on either experience,or knowledge of application of employment law,in maybe one or more situations,but all your details would have to be shared,to give any definitive advice.

I guess a forum is not the place for such disclosure ?

In 15 years you must’ve done previous courses/tickets who has paid and what has been the arrangement for those?

FFS, just get the card you need and look after yourself, stop looking at others to do the dirty work for you
Man up

FFS, just get the card you need and look after yourself, stop looking at others to do the dirty work for you
Man up
Man up
Dirty work or letting a company shirk its responsibilities and take their costs upon yourself?

Sure why doesn't he stick some diesel in the company van when he's at it.

Isn't it just the £48 for the ECS H&S and £36 for the card. The firm should pay for ECS if they want it. The firm I work for don't give a ---- about them so I pay for my own...

Reply to Hello I work for a company in the UK and have done for 15 years, as of this year I’ve been told the following..... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock