Discuss Hello Sparks!! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

reidmaguire

Hi All, and good morning!

I am a new member to the forum; and as such have spent the last few days reading through the many and varied threads posted on the site.

I am looking to returning formally to the industry after some years away, and have felt an even greater desire after reading the helpful and supportive comments provided by the many members that are experienced professionals

I will no doubt be looking to post many threads on the site as I wade toward 2382, and I also hope to input where I can for the benefit of other members.

Matt

Welcome

Know how you feel Ive just finished my part P including the 2382. While learning its the perfect world pity it wasnt the same in real life. I have however found this forum to be of great help with the real world and everyone is so friendly.

Best of luck with your exams and we are all waiting to help if you need it.

Regards

Chris

Just thinking if you are studying for the 2382 have a look at ElectaCourse Home Study and Distance Learning Courses and Revision and Exam Aids they have an exam simulator that will help with the study and let you know what to expect when you take the exam

Regards

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris

Thanks for the reply - have signed up for the Electacourse. The GOLA exam simulator is very good, and I would buy it just for that.

Hope to build up slowly to a position where I can get Part P

Thanks again

Matt

Hi Matt

No problem if you are taking the part P you need your VRQ first. That allows you to work and when you register you will find that you have 12 months to get the 2382.

Using that program I went from whats BS7671 to getting 93.75% in the actual exam. The majority of questions come from Section 4 and 5 of 7671. Wasnt that long ago that I did it so I still have a load of questions and answers. If you want them send me a private message with your email and I will forward them when I can.

That program will print out all the questions and answers for you so that you can see which ones you got wrong.

Regards

Chris

Chris

Would you mind exanding on the requirement for "VRQ" as I have been confused many times as to the best way forward. when I spoke to NICEIC I was told that it would be best to obtain my 2382 and then apply for registration.

I would like to build up my portfolio of work - to also demonstrate competence, however was somewhat put off by comments from NICEIC

I am grateful for your help with Q&A and will PM my email address to you

Kind regards & enjoy the weather this weekend

Matt

Reply to Hello Sparks!! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock