Discuss Hello Thar in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi! I'm a second year apprentice electrician from Shetland, currently studying on block release in Inverness.

Bit of a late starter at 23, but finding it a very rewarding career choice ;)

So, do the majority of you work down south then?

Hi Sawdust

I think the majority of us must work down south from where you are. Mind you I did spend a very pleasant time at the Muir of Ord some years ago.

Welcome to the forum.

Hi! I'm a second year apprentice electrician from Shetland, currently studying on block release in Inverness.

Bit of a late starter at 23, but finding it a very rewarding career choice ;)

So, do the majority of you work down south then?

Hi there sawdust

As Tony said I thought most of us are down south compared to you up in the Shetlands;):p:D

Last edited:
Yeah, it can get pretty cold, although in Shetland it's more windy than anything. Makes fixing lamp posts highly unpleasant :D

What's the differences between the apprenticeships and regulations between England and Scotland? I know that my course will take four years in total, and I'll end up with an SVQ 3 in Electrical Installation. Could I wander down south with this and still get a job?

Welcome aboard. Bit of a late starter you say? 23 you say? There are many on here who got into the trade in their 30's and some even older than that so it makes you a pup! Welcome.:p

Yes, your the only Northener on here but, we wont hold it against you.

Depends where you put the north-south line my freind! I've seen some wag place a sign on the ridgeway between Weymouth and Dorchester saying "Welcome to the north". I'd put the north-south line as the M4 personally, and that probably makes a lot of members Northerners!

Shetlanders laugh at anyone on the mainland that thinks they live in the North.

In turn, we are laughed at by Norwegians and Icelanders ;D

Reply to Hello Thar in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock