Discuss Hello in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

Bubble Head

Hi all.

My name's Dave, I am 20 and serving in the Royal Navy. I am looking at submitting my notice next Jan.

I have read the thread about becoming a Sparky- But my situation is somewhat different. I cannot attend a college course, and I cannot really do an apprenteship.

I have been looking into the distance learning courses where when away at sea, I can study, and then complete my practical exam's when home. OLCI Plumbing Courses been looking at this course.

I am not that gullable to think I will be walking straight out the navy into a job with this. But is it a good stepping stone? :confused:

for me, the crash course electrics (6 weeks) It got me my ticket onto the electricians ladder, an expensive one too £4000. Worth it now to think about it, before I went on the course, there was no way of me getting a job, with the course it was still rock hard, but I persisted and got a trail, which lead to perminent.

As ur in the navy your prob a strong minded person, so if you work hard, and go that extra bit further to getting a job,u'll have no probs

regards, hope thats help, bubble head

Reply to Hello in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock