Discuss Hello in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

slybonk

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hello everyone, i've just passed my 17th edition and looking for more info about the rules and regs (mainly a clear interpretation of what i can and cant do!) Hopefully one day i'll be able to give a bit back to the forum.

Cheers

Paul

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
A

acat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are you doing the Domestic Installers course and if so have you registered with someone like the NICEIC

Chris

S

slybonk

No i've only done the 2832-10 17th edition course.

A bit of background for you, i'm in charge of maintenance in a small company and offered to go on a course to give me a greater understanding of the regs and (competence allowing) to undertake minor electrical work.

I have done a bit of electrical work over the last decade without any problems, i am a time served engineer and have done my apprentiship with an ONC and HNC in electrical/electronic engineering.

There is the opportunity for work to send me on more course as my skills grow and i would like to ideally be able to do domestic and industrial work.

I would like to know which courses are really required as there seems to be a real grey area over what you can and cannot do espcially in the domestic side of things.

G

Guest123

Welcome along.:D

S

slybonk

Cheers for the welcome guys

Hi and welcome to the community!:D

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Hello in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net